Posts tagged EDF Birmingham Half Marathon
After Action Review
October 17th, 7 days to go until the EDF Birmingham Half Marathon. Here is my After Action Review for week 9. If you are a regular reader you will be, by now, familiar with the concept of the After Action Review. If not, there is an overview in the post for week 2. Please read on for an update on my progress.
Training Week 9 – After Action Review
1. What specific goal am I committed to achieve?
On October 24th 2010 I will complete the EDF Birmingham Half Marathon in a time of 1:59:00 or better
Complete week 9 of my half marathon training programme
2. What are my current results in relation to that goal?
Week 1 through 7 training schedules completed.
AAR completed for each of those weeks.
Below is the table of planned versus actual activity for week 8.
|Day||Planned Activity||Actual Activity||Status|
|Mon||Rest day||Rest day||Green|
|Tue||4 mile run||4.27 mile run
Average pace: 08:42/mile
|Wed||Cross Training||Cycle ride, 32:38, 7.54 miles||Green|
|Thu||3 mile run at race pace||3.39 miles, average 08:12/mile. Target pace 09:05/mile||Green|
|Fri||Rest day||gym – upper body workout||Green|
|Sat||5 mile run||5.57 mile run. Average pace: 08:20/mile 😉||Green|
|Sun||2.5 mile EZ run||2.82 mile run
Average pace: 07:47/mile
3. In this After Action Review period, what went right and why? Identify strengths and strategies to build on them?
This has been a great week, I have completed all the activities and have exceeded the requirements on most. What is more gratifying is the pace results that I have achieved this week, culminating in the 07:47/mile pace on the Sunday run.
4. In this After Action Review period, what went wrong and why? Identify weaknesses and strategies to address them?
No misses this week, however, one note of caution I will have to guard against going off too quickly next Sunday.
5. What corrective actions will I implement now to remain on target?
Use and act in accordance with my new mantra “I can & I am”. Continue to apply the lessons learnt to this point
6. What are my commitments / goals for the upcoming week so that I can consider my efforts a success?
This week – Complete week 9 of the training programme.
That completes my After Action Review for week 9 of the Half Marathon training programme.
Watch out next week for my After Action Review for week 10, with a report on the Half Marathon itself.