2014: Let’s make it happen
It’s been a long time since I last posted anything on this site and in 2014 I want to use it more. So… I have decided to post regular updates on my progress towards achieving my goals in 2014 on here. Why? Well, because sharing your goals with others helps to build social accountability, increase motivation and, therefore, the probability of the goals being achieved. There is also the chance that you or someone you know might just be able to offer me some advice or assistance to help achieve my goals.
I spent a bit of time over the recent Christmas/New Year holiday developing the ideas of how I want 2014 to shape up and firmed that up over the last weekend and creating a visual (vision board) reminder. I came up with some business goals for Ignition Coaching and personal goals.
On this, my personal blog, I will focus on the personal goals.
2014: What I am making happen
- Achieve my NLP Master Practitioner certification
- British Military Fitness Major Series 10km event (March)
- Run 3 half marathons – Warwick (March), Southend (June) and Birmingham (October)
- Complete the 2 mile Great North Swim (June)
- Complete a half ironman (70.3) triathlon – uk ultimate half triathlon (August)
- Do my AFF level 2 skydive
- Achieve 8th Gup (yellow belt) and 7th Gup (orange belt) grading in Tang Soo Do
- Complete the #LETJOG14 challenge; running the equivalent of the Lands End to John O’Groats challenge,874 miles, during 2014
That’s the initial list. Keep your eyes peeled for updates on the challenges and goals